PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUET & CRM For NSW RFS 06/07 season
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 14:14
Ogsplash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belly, would like to catch up sometime. Please understand that some of the requirements pre-date me coming on board with RFS and while I have audited for a couple of years, I was auditing to RFS requirements. Having said that, I do agree with the requirements although it would be best if there was a national approach and I am aware there are moves towards that. HUET really is a good idea for anyone bucketing. CRM...essential I believe for multi-crew ops. Single pilot CRM is gaining recognition. I agree that there needs to be consistency and I believe this will improve with time. Twin vs Single...well, I've done a lot of research into this subject drawing on ICAO Annex 6 as well as other references such as ATSB accident and incident data, and have provided a quite lengthy paper to RFS to consider. RFS intends to consult with industry on its contents. A similar paper has been authored on single engine helicopter performance requirements. A standard now exists for winching. We're currently working on a paper to address DG. So all in all, I honestly believe the RFS is working towards establishing a good and workable set of standards based on reasoned discussion. Don't forget, it isn't just the aviation regulations we need to consider but also the State's OH&S requirements.