PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do ATCs think of VFR
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 13:30
Fidgell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wont get into some of the petty them and us arguments going on in here, but the long and short of it is that when sat in front of the radar Im paid to defend life and protect against loss of it... same as the pilots. If my colleagues or myself are concerned that worlkload is such that we cannot safely accomodate the needs of VFR traffic in regulated airspace then, sorry uncle but aint happening this time. Would you allow that extra couple of heavy passengers on your aircraft just because they paid even though it puts you dangerously overweight???? Money, attitudes, etc has NOTHING to do with it. I do not question a pilots actions on safety..... please do not question mine!

You say youre disheartened by attitudes and had an "unprofessional" exchange over the RT? Well, maybe this exchange may influence the controllers decision to accept your flight next time if its in the balance over if its safe for you to transit this busy section of airspace. God forbid the thames corridor becomes another grand canyon!