PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 11:58
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VB training Day 5 - completed

hey guys!

Before I go on to tell you all about my day at training I want to say a couple of things.

HOSTEE: WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO - CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!!!
I KNEW IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

Smile, what I was trying to get at about the points system was that while I agree with what it aims to do (like get everyone to think in that way and be prepared for "real" work days - it has a down side too - it seems that everyone in the class has their own agenda... and don't want to help others because they want to be the best... if you know what I am trying to say. Competition is shocking amongst everyone... As I have said, I have trained for 2 other airlines, this is my third one, and I never felt like this at training school. Perhaps its because Im older (and maybe not as attractive as all the others in my class) - and the girls are all younger than me. It is actually making me feel that I am not good enough to be in this class. It is making me think that no one likes me and that I am the odd one out! Its awful. - Maybe its because I do know quite a bit and they think I am a know it all.... actually I feel a bit like Hermione from Harry Potter books - She seemed to know everything... always with her hand in the air waiting to answer a question! Honestly, I have to learn to pretend I don't know the answer! Its not my fault though that I have lived through 2 airline collapses - both airlines operating the 737. It is one of my favourite aircrafts! But, having said that, some of the procedures are different at Virgin Blue, and I too need to learn.

Anyway, moving right along

Day 5 at Virgin Blue Training
Was a good day. Our first exam went really well for me - and I didn't stuff up any of the questions which was really surprising because I always stuff up multiple choice questions!!! So I picked up 3 points by getting 100%. Yay. I didn't tell anyone my score. I kept it all to myself.

After our exam we did more grooming ... yes... more grooming. It is doing my head in! I know as a fact I will be losing points there. My head moves, I cant keep all 999,999 hairs on my head smoothed down 100% of the time - we live in Melbourne - its windy.... Anyway...

After the grooming we started on Emergency Equipment and yet another group presentation to the rest of the class. I am getting used to it. After all the presentations - we had lunch. McD's for 4 of us. It was ok.

After lunch, the trainers actually showed us the emergency equipment all afternoon plus we read more about it in the manuals... and then that was it. CRM training tomorrow (Crew Resource Management)

That was about it. Hopefully next weeks exams won't be as difficult. I am dreading it. - They said the third exam is the most difficult So I have 2 next week - one on Tuesday and one on Thursday - FUN FUN FUN.

For now, its back to the books, and in about an hours time I will head off to bed - to get some sleep for my early start in the morning.

Good luck Hostee - Im sure Tuesday will be great for you. After the medical they will notify you in a heartbeat. Trust me on this one It happened to me.

All the best to everyone else

STF