PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 09:14
Pazu888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mistri
Hi guys,

This forum is great and really helpful. I didn't know anything about it until my phase 2 assesment day when loads of the guys were talking about it!

Congratulations to everyone who has done so well so far.

I am going for my phase 3 tues next week and am a little nervous about it. I've read all the pages about the sort of questions that can be asked in the interview but what if they come out with something REALLY technical?? will they?? I've had like 15minutes flying experience! could anyone who's taken their phase 3 give me an example of a technical question?

this may sound silly but i went out and bought microsoft flight simulator 2004, which gives flying lessons and the theory behind it. it's quite good. i've learnt quite a lot.

one more thing, did anyone stay over at a b&b in dibden? i didnt receive the file of hotel phone numbers/addresses in the correct format from daphne and was hoping someone could recommend a place close by to dibden manor?

Cheers,

Mistri

Hi

I have just passed phase 3, and I was in the same situation as you, had about an hour flying experience.

I prepared for it by reading about all the partner airlines (I learned the fleets, where they fly, when they started etc), the industry in general and also about the course itself.

For most of my interview I was asked about my previous jobs, how I motivate myself, when I have shown good team skills etc. They generally pick up on what you say and ask you more about certain aspects of it, hence "semi-structured". I did not get ANY technical questions. At the end they asked me who I would like to fly for, and what being a pilot involves, which gave me a chance to show my airline/industry knowledge.

I stayed at the Dale Farm Guest House, it was very comfortable, they are on the net.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

PS. Which stage 2 were you at? Was it on the 21 last month?