PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 08:57
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with MOR. Mack Tuck is just acting like the union goon that he probably is. That sort of thuggery is something I had hoped we had seen the last of.

Toughen up...? No, I don't think so. You need to grow up.

I remenber ther Ansett dispute well. I was flying the 146 in the UK at the time, and got a phone call in the middle of the night asking if I would like to come back to NZ on what was a very lucrative contract. At the time, I didn't know about the dispute but it seemed too good to be true, so I contacted NZALPA. They told me what was going on, but their attitude was very, very threatening and combative, threatening both me and my family if I came back. It was just plain nasty, and highly unprofessional.

I didn't come back, but it wasn't for that reason - it was because I don't believe in crossing picket lines, and I wanted to support the Ansett guys. However, the behaviour of some within the union was despicable, and morally, completely corrupt - much worse than anything Ansett did.

Anybody that uses such perjorative language to describe those who made a different choice to them, is morally bankrupt. Even more so those that like to use the "S" word in the same context.

I am actually amazed that the Woomerii allow such comments.