PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 08:11
Danny_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stillagoodguy
Wilders is wrong in his assertion that someone in their early 40s cannot join the civil police. I can personally name more than a few who have done so in recent years, all ex RAFP who I have worked with at some time or other. There must be others.
I was thinking along similar lines to Wilders though. I can't be bothered to trawl back through all the postings, but I remember TwoS*its discussing what sort of things he is involved in, and me thinking that he must be about Inspector/Chief Inspector level.

IF he made it to WO in the RAFP, I am surprised he would have left much before his early/mid forties. The police also retire at the age of 55. Not bad going to get abouve Sgt in a max of 15 years, despite joining at the age of at least 40 (and being more unattractive for promotion than a young thruster who has time to get to the top).

Or perhaps his fantasies are running away with themselves and he is actually a 'retired' SAC/A/cpl who is a 'revenue protection officer' at the local Arndale centre.