PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 4th Aug 2006, 04:32
mar1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(advice) on commercial pilot training please!!!!

hi my name is mark,
i have just recently finished my first year of alevels (AS levels). and have ended up emigrating to new zealand with my parents. ! before i came here i had looked into becoming a commercial pilot and found the prospect of having a multi million pound aircaft at my hands very appealing. i have looked into many areas from sponsorship to self-funding. while researching i found the ctc wings programme (formally ctc-mcalpine), and found that there flight training was mainly done in new zealand. which would be ideal as my family now reside there.
i have a few more months left before i can aply to any kind of scheme as i am only 17. but i was woundering if anyone could give me some advice on how to aproch these flight training companys. what to look out for, what to expect, and wether anyone else has been in a similar position to me?

also while i have bee in new zealand i have found that my AS levels are enought to get me into university, therefore would be sufficient enough to undertake flight training. my as levels are in maths ICT and Physical education. any help or advice would be much apreciated. thanks