PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX or Easterns?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 04:14
drshmoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rex pay you form the day you start training, therefore treat you like a professional not a commodity. I don’t know about you but I don’t have that sort of cash lying around to support Dixon’s bottom line during my training whilst not being paid.

Both companies will provide you with excellent training and most of the time with both companies, despite initial postings will end up in Sydney if thats what you wish.

Eastern boys/girls are on more to start off with 45k ish and the rex boys and girls are on roughly 40k but have increase of 2k a year plus profit sharing. Neither of these figures takes into account allowances. So after 3 years they would be on the same pay but the Rex pilot has forked out nothing.

Dash has APU and that provides aircon whilst on the ground without the fans turning. Some country ports in summer are stinking hot and stepping into a nice cool cockpit cannot be underestimated instead of sweating like a r@pist doing checks etc

Both awesome opportunities if you get a shot at either. Good luck

(I fly for neither and have applications with neither but have plenty of mates at both)