PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX DESO, >4000hrs but still NO JOY!
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2006, 02:41
king_fifi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX DESO, >4000hrs but still NO JOY!

To all out there who can who has the answers to my Q.

I've applied to CX for the position of Direct Entry SO for more than 2.5yrs ago & I've been updating my profile/flying record regularly ever since. I'm currently holding an ICAO ATPL, clocking more than 4000hrs GT with more than 2500hrs on widebody jet (all airlines hours), good track record.

Comparing to the minimum requirement for the position mentioned, I do believe I make the cut, well at least for the interview BUT to my disappointment, I do not hear anything from CX until now except for their acknowledgement email everytime I update my records. I wonder how CX conducts their selection process?

*Am I OVER QUALIFIED for the job? ( i guess not)
*Does CX selects their candidates from certain countries only? (if so, they should have mentioned it in their webpage)
*Does skin color plays a factor here? (it seems very obvious to me that as long as you've got some bush hours, meet the min requirement & MOST IMPORTANTLY "WHITES" consider yourself in)

Can anyone shed some lights to my Q above? I believe if CX continue with the way they're doing things (if my assumptions are correct) they're gonna loose hell lots of a good pilot out there!

Any comments/feedbacks are welcome & I would like to end this with sincere apology if my post offended anyone out there.

Regards,
KING