PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 4th Aug 2006, 00:37
SASless

Received 557 Likes on 226 Posts
Exit 72, Interstate 5, Washington State....The Ribeye Restaurant....just after Sunrise.

Me..."'Scuse Me Guv...me and me mates reckon you do the best breakfast in the county...mind if I park me sky skooter in yer garden for a bit while we have our tucker?

The Guv...."Hell no...no at all....do you realize how much business you brought me when you landed and all the folks saw the helicopter? To the waitress...."Sally...his breakfast is on me!"

Some kids got to sit in the helicopter and get a good talk about flying...I got a second cup of coffee to drink while doing that for them and the pleasure of seeing little ones smile and giggle....the only folks that got miffed were the passengers when they found out they paid for their chow and I did not.

Helicopter flying is supposed to be fun....and different. If you are one of the Grinch's that steal that from others....you ought to consider alternative employment.