PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar T4
Thread: Jaguar T4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 23:46
Skeleton

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
And Truck?

The Jaguar they are trying to keep in the air is not headed to the south coast.

You only need to look at the present day Tonka fleet to realize storage at St Athan may not be a death knell.

Certainly Jaguars have re-appeared from Shawbury and the Tardis hangar. The Jag needed a lot of money spent on it mid life following the sticky leg problem and spar issues. Not all survived that cull, it was not all about a cockpit upgrade.

The Jags heading to meet there maker via the south coast are VERY old examples, at best the single seats are a mixtue of GR1's and a bit, as it happens I think a standard edition Jag as issued to the RAF should be kept -= Might open some eyes, and I am talking when the hand controller for the NAVWASS was very heads in, slightly below the paper moving map!!

Lets keep this on track, Its about trying to keep a flying example of an aircraft that has given extraordinary service to this country airborne. For all folk carp about it, it has for 30 years given the RAF sterling service, and at the end of the day it was only shot down in combat by a F4 pilot on the same side!!

The Tornado and Harriers (hopefully soon) turn will come. Till then lets give it our full support, lets just move away from the Jags in storage at St Athan / Shawbury concept. Half the RAF fleet is in storage, that's just the way it is.

As i said- Jaguar the only SUPERSONIC, single seat, aircraft that dropped bombs for this country. (Sorry Harrier mates, your not supersonic - as much as the Jags claim may be tenious and impractible, you just can't)

Last edited by Skeleton; 4th Aug 2006 at 07:19.