PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 23:06
islandhopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys as an ex employee of Loganair, I can understand where they are coming from and I'm kind of surprised it's taken this long for them to realise that if they want people to stay this might be a way of doing it.

Loganair have historically been an airline where you join - get the hours then leave, when I was employed we where nothing but a training organisation for low hours pilots and I am sure they still are, this as you can imagine is very expensive and can leave them short of crew quite quickly with very little notice.

If you look at aviation today you have to pay for everything -baggage drinks,food etc it was only a matter of time before airlines like loganair started to charge for type ratings(look at ryanair at least the loganair uniform is free........).

Saying all off the above I personally don't agree with paying for type ratings,passport renewals,uniforms & medicals etc but this is the world we now live in, one thing I will say though is that Loganair offer flying that is out of this world, if you can fly a twotter/saab in the environment/weather that they operate in you can fly anything - in fact flying an A340/B747 around the world is actually a bit boring after a while but it pays the bills!!!!!