PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 22:58
mo90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mistri,

I made the trip down to dibden for the induction day around a year ago now and stayed at a B&B called Dale Farm Guest House, literally 5 minutes drive from the gates of the manor - if you need any more info i should be able to dig out an old e-mail!

As for the interview don't worry too much about the technical questions, there are plenty of cadets with little or no background in aviation and the interviews and sim check were adapted to suit the interviewee.
The interviewers were great and i'm sure it's been said before that it was very relaxed.

I was in the same position as yourself with 1 hour flying experience and no background in engineering - most of the interview was based on questions aimed at finding out about my personality and motives for applying. Have a good read through the website and perhaps those of the partner airlines, but unless things have changed massively don't expect to be examined on the number of cup holders in a 737(unless you wrote a dissertation on this at uni, in which case do worry about it!).

girl friday, don't worry about the age thing - getting on the course is a good indication from CTC that they think they can find you a job when you're trained. And yes there are people here older than yourself with airlines lined up! by the way...us?lash?never!

mo