PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QATAR AIRWAYS
Thread: QATAR AIRWAYS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 22:48
Up n Away

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down DONT DO IT!!

Im afraid I agree with the bad image that others are portraying bout QA. I use to fly in Oz then when the airline collapsed, I paid my own way to Qatar (AUD$2100) to secure an interview. I was desperate and in crisis mode After all that (and in the middle of summer) I sit through a one on one interview and get told "if your interested, call me from Oz"...well of course I am interested, I just spent $2100 to get here...d h !! I spent another 2 days waiting for my return flight home. I did some investigation work and located the hotel that some current trainees were staying at. Best thing I did. I flew home not feeling like it was a waste of money, but the best $2100 I had ever spent. Stopped me from making a big mistake.

The place is restricted, crew are restricted, like getting permission to leave whilst on days off. No-one I spoke to seemed happy in the training.

Then I was offered a position with Gulf Air, yes some may say same **** different shovel. But Bahrain is alot easier to live than Doha, also the company is not like working for the military.

I have friends working for Etihad and Emirates, we all compare war stories. Each of us in different places with different airlines, but all working under similar conditions and of the same opinion.."STAY AWAY FROM QATAR AIRWAYS".

My friend who use to work with me at Gulf Air is now with Etihad and said she had 2 girls in her training from Qatar, they were so excited at the freedom and relaxed approach. Apparently the crew expectations are ridiculous.

All I can say is Etihad, Emirates and Gulf Air are all recruiting madly. There is no reason why you should'nt apply and try other options. I can almost guarantee you wont be disappointed with the outcome.

Any more info required, please ask. Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear, but it is my honest experience.