PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 15:10
girl friday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions - am i being blind?

Hi folks, my first post on this thread so please be gentle with me!

Firstly I want to say thanks to all those who have taken the time to post helpful info in here - I really appreciate the effort from all those who have revealed all from the selection process, particularly those who haven't made it but have still decided to share. Thanks.

Anyway, question 1!!
I've just finished reading the previous 50 odd pages of this thread and several people have mentioned being 'sponsored' or 'pre-selected' by one of the partner airlines but I can't find anything that says how you go about getting this sponsorship? All the airline websites just link to the CTC site and say 'don't apply directly to us, apply to CTC'. Can anyone shed any light on it for me (apologies if I'm missing something really obvious!)?

and also...
I am 26, and likely to be nearly 27 by the time I'm ready to apply (financially and personally - want to be sure that this is really what I want before I put myself through all that heartache!). Several people have mentioned that the partner airlines have lower age limits than CTC's '30-on-day-of-application'. Does anyone know if this has stopped older cadets getting jobs at the end of the process, or whether greater age is seen as a disadvantage that you need to overcome in the selection process?

thanks very much - any help very gratefully received!

girl friday