PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlink Retrenching?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2002, 12:16
beechbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

MrFreightman, In no way am I totally naive into the events that occurred on Sept 11 and the effect that this had on the industry as a whole. The problem at Airlink stems beyond those said events. I'm not sure if you are previously from these shores but this is not Europe. If you order 30 or so brand new jets have the sense to have something in place in order that they may have routes to fly. We all know for those of us that live on this dark continent that it is savaged by war famine and massive corruption. To expect a neighbouring country to allow a fancy ERJ 135 to waltz across your borders is something that is not easily done in this part of the world.The result is that two of these beasts have been sitting on the ground for months costing the company an absolute fortune.So in order for them to work now - jetstreams are to be sold, leased out, scrapped or whatever they can do with the things. . .The term poor planning = poor performance springs to mind here.. .Problems in SA not only stem from Sept 11 but also from the events occurring across our borders - and that SA is an emerging market, which being like Argentina tends to suffer on the curency market. So for my viewpoint to be skewed, I don't think so - there are a multitiude of reasons here but management seems only to shove one in our faces. I could write reems and reems on this topic as to why it is such an emotive issue that you Freightman are probably not even aware of. Oh by the way I am not on the furlough list(which is not in our recognition agreement also by the way). I cannot see how someone sitting in Wales of all places can even gather to understand the problems that the Airlink pilots have had with management recently. As I mentioned in my previous posting APA had the support of ALPA - SA and EXCO both financially and morally. In their eyes they felt we had a fantastic case against Ailink management and if it meant a costly court battle well we had the necessary clout for it.. .As I said I could go on forever. But this is an emotional issue and I think enough is said.Anyway you contine mr Freightman and spare a thought for those guys and gals involved, cos I certainly will!!!!!!!. .Oh yes - try and get all the facts in connection with this issue and then we'll talk. You seem to have some insight or connection somewhere so ask him or her for the facts.....just the facts.