PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane Shares, where can I find one?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 11:56
BlueRobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes "mods" it's an advert but let me have a reply.

Your scheme despite the monthlies is still expensive Mike. 1. Wellesbourne Aviation's frequent flyer scheme at 50pcm beats your scheme on the Warrior 3 by 20ph. I have access for £100 per year a C172 Reims Rocket at Coventry for 84ph *tacho*. Not for profit club You do have a decent instructor/examiner now though Get him some PPL students!

Smart people don't buy aircraft!!
There is some truth in this. Not only do you have to fly the aeroplane, you have to be a legit operator within the regulatory framework, an accountant and savvy at managing the maintenance. This is ownership. In a group, such tasks can be delegated. You have to make sure the delegation works or the group fails to run.

There is an argument that a well-run club with sufficient weekend and evening availability is better than a poorly-run group or a well run one with a bad aeroplane.

Also group shares do not fall on your lap. Arguably with the right sort of aeroplane and flying objectives, it is easier and quicker to start a group yourself. You could end up with a nice aeroplane and good people because you went out and got what you wanted.