PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GULF---MEDICAL AND MONEY
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 11:32
DesertCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF

Hi all,

I worked for GF for 12 months and didnt have a problem with them. It was a fantastic experience and I am so glad I did it. I probably wouldnt be with the airline I am with today had it not been for my experience abroad.

As for living in Bahrain, if anyone has done any research on the country you should know what to expect when u get there.

The money you get, although it sounds low is actually quite high as it is all disposable income. I can definatley say that I dont have approx $500 a week left after I pay all my bills to do what I want with whch is basically what u get whilst u are over there. Although not a lot of people look at it in that way.

When I went over ther I was trained on A320, A330 and A340. I do know that now you are only trained on 767 to begin with and then an aircraft at a time once u get some flying hours up. However this just makes u appreciate the intl routes more when u get u to those aircraft. I have a friend who is crrently in the middle of this process.

I met some brilliant people whilst I was over there and am still friends with them now, they tend to be long lasting friendships and u have shared this amazing experience together.

Im not trying to have a dig at the ppl who are currently at GF and are bagging it or anything like that but for those who are contemplating it, go for it! Everyone has different opinions and flying isnt for everybody, especially with the change of country into the bargain but I say give i a shot, what have u got to lose????

Happy flying!