PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Seating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 10:38
el !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi TightSlot, thanks for giving me the opportunity of clarifing myself.
Originally Posted by TightSlot
el ! - I'm not sure if English is your first language, so please allow me to clarify some points for you:
[LIST=1][*]In the UK, calling somebody a Nazi is considered to be - "Rude"[*]In the UK, calling somebody a Nazi when they are simply doing their job correctly, for your benefit and security is considered to be - "Extremely rude".
I never called anyone a Nazi. I used the word in my post only and wouldn't even dream of calling someone 'nazi' unless s/he really deservers that. You can think that mine was a 'lightheart banter', a term that I've recently learnt from a very British person with which I had a debate on another thread.
Don't know if you Moderators try to apply equal policies across forums on pprune, but if you go reading Cabin Crew and other forums here, you will find that the term is often used to refer to Ground Security Staff, again by by very British and US persons. Never read any Mod intervention on the matter, so I find your quite unnecessary.

[*]Points 1 & 2 above usually result in something known as an "Apology".
Had I insulted someone, in person or on the forum, I would apologize. But I didn't, so I don't think I have to.