PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ Heli Pilots pay
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2006, 09:57
feelerup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Sorry I took so long to get back, too busy boring holes in the ozone and making lots of dosh in , wait for it , NEW ZEALAND !!!!!
Anyway to the poor boy in southland , I assume he's flying for DICK in his 500 ( c that is ) , there is no way you have more than 500 hours,and, for that experience level $25000 would be great . Fresh lawyers get that after 4-5 years uni.
And , yes, I do have INSIDE knowledge on THL payscales (magic showed me so there ).
Right , ok, some of you seem to think I am dreaming of pay scales , those that doubt are all inexperienced , I see you fuming because you are all owed a fantastic job because you are all COMMERCIAL PILOTS , Jesus you must be good , after all it took nearly a year to get so qualified.
Wake up and realise that you won't get a great job unless your Dad is a pilot as well (think about how it seems to be generational). A new pilot isn't in demand and won't get good pay unless Louisa likes you.
Get a few hours and a resume that doesn't say CPL(H) R22 125 hours
H369 3 hours
and you will be starting to realise that you are owed nothing just because you have a licence.
OK, pilots earning $100,000
As we have seen Westpac want drivers at $100.000 the ones there employed by Helilink earn nearly that now (you know what I'm talking about doing all that winching at Piha).
A Vertol has gotta be worth that.
A BK doing wires gets that.
Alfie , you reading this ?
Dave K you didn't quit PNG for $50,000 and a R44 rating.
Neil S has never flown for free

There is a common thread here , EXPERIENCE .
It gets reasonable pay in the NZ scheme of things and you are home most nights , all wingers just wait , get ratings and stick time , and you may just reach the holy grail , otherwise, go back punching nails.

( this is really gonna piss you off EH )