PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone got news of ADP in California?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 23:21
kala87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shame about the demise of ADP. I spent a month there in 1997 flying Archers and Senecas all over the western States. It was a month of amazing experiences (Big Bear, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Catalina Island....)
I think we hired the Archer at $45/hour!! Happy Days indeed (apologies to the Fonz)!

Ari was always helpful, although not very easy to get to know. Is the Mark character many of you are referring to the Aussie Mark who was there in 1997, and who (I think) was CFI at that time?? I remember arriving back on 26L one evening as it was almost dark (I had no night rating at that time), and on entering the office, Mark just looked at his watch, looked back at me, shook his head, and that was that!

Yes, the aircraft could be in less than pristine condition, and they were certainly worked hard. I remember lining up for take-off in an Archer on 26L one morning, and the engine suddenly sounding like a spin drier full of bricks. Turned out to be a gross cylinder failure. Oh well, at least it didn't happen a minute or two later...

Very sorry to hear about ADP's demise, at least I can remember the good days.