PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 2
Thread: Ryanair - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 23:11
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyrano, that certainly sounds like a logical plan for FR. I'm also surprised by the suggestions that they would go in anywhere as a base (eg LYS, MAD) without opening up a few inbound routes first to test the waters. Can see the logic of EIN as a base, but RTM must be closer still to the main population centres of the Ranstaad - presumably they haven't felt the need to do a deal with FR, due to heavy presence of Transavia?
Comparisons of French airport stats to UK ones never ceases to amaze me - compare their #2 city - NCE, with UK cities, and it would be lower end of the top 10.
"Can you ever see Ryanair operating from Belfast International?"
Was discussing this earlier on. Belfast seems in the unique position amongst EU cities of having two airports, but no presence of FR at either of them. Presumably local restrictions stop them from being interested in BHD (an otherwise totally un-Ryanair like airport, but if the deal was right.....) - and my understanding is that BFS management don't feel the need to do any deal making with FR, rather than any specific threats from the Orange men (which would of course be totally anti-competitive). Or is there something more political than this?