PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe ATP preservation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 20:35
Tiger_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAe ATP preservation

I attended the Liverpool Air Fayre last weekend hopefull of seeing an ATP sat next to the resident Jetstream at the old 'Speke' airport*. However although BAe have donated the airframe to this worthy cause, that provides educational rescources in aviation to Liverpool, the airframe continues to rot at BAe Woodford.

In light of the recent Cosford travesty, it is a shame that willing partners have been let down only by the RAF! Who were to transport the airframe to Liverpool when 'senior management' decided that it would have an expensive (prohibitive) price tag. Seems that the days of 'good training value with a secondary benefit to the community) days are over for our military.

So if anyone knows of any aviation friendly hauliers, I am sure that the Jetstream Club would be glad to hear from them. I have no involvement in this club but support anything that spreads aviation to youngsters, and the simulator that is built into the Jetstream has to be seen to be believed. As far as I am aware, proceeeds from the Air Fayre went to charities not saving up for an ATP.

Rumour has it that a British Eagle Britannia could again sit at its spiritual home which would be marvellous if it happens.

*Had to make do with G-SEXY a taildragger AA5 instead!!