PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sun Air eclipse, we're gone
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 1999, 21:31
Sprayline

Cool

It seems to me that the negative energy from some of the ex-crew is being directed at the wrong people.Don't get me wrong I'm no fan Of SAA, but you would have to expect that they(The CEO, Skyvan, or any of the staff)have acted exactly as anyone with any business sense would have acted given the oportunity to clean out the opposition.
Whether it was fair, cruel, unfair, ugly or greedy is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the people running(sic) Sun Air; ie. Rethabile, and the General Manager and the operations staff should have seen the writing on the wall and should have acted in the interests of the company.
The fact that the imminent closure of the airline had been rumoured for some time should have been sufficient warning for management to step up to the plate and make the sort of decisions that were required.
Of course since we all knew just how incompetent those managers were leaves us and our inability to stand together with part of the blame.
Even more surprising are the attempts to now harness those incompetent managers into the fold of the staff attempt to resurrect the airline.
I say direct your energy at the people who were unable to keep a very good and viable company (I mean we only had 3 destinations and were carrying 60 000 passengers a month) profitable. I know some 8th graders who would have been able to achieve that, despite "price wars and unfair practices", but then they probably would not have been so intent on lining their own pockets or hiring their incompetent pals.