PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY - Hotel costs and cancelled flights
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 10:22
alexss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i'mthepassenger
That PDF is an interesting read so thanks for that but do you have a link to the law in question? Or the name of that law so I can search it myself?
This is a link to the law:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...en00010007.pdf

You are always entitled to "assistance" if the airline cancels your flight, whatever the reason and however long in advance they cancel it - so they should pay for your hotel bill. However, I would suggest not splashing out too much - if you book a 5* hotel they could try claiming that this was unreasonable.

If you are informed within 2 weeks (but more than 7 days) before departure, you are also entitled to compensation of €250-600 depending on the length of the flight, unless the alternative flight offered departs < 2 hours before AND arrives < 4 hours after the scheduled time of your original flight.

The airline does not have to pay compensation if the cancellation is due to extraordinary circumstances outside their control - however, they still have to provide assistance (i.e. pay your hotel bill).

However, be warned that, although these are your legal rights, with some airlines you have to take them to the small claims court to enforce them - I'm not sure what EZY's practice is though.