PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND
Thread: SOUTHEND
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 10:06
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminal Extension

I've today managed to get some information directly from Karen Medworth, RAL's Business Development Manager.

In an email to me she says:

"The interim plans have been put in place to meet the needs of an incoming airline (no one specifically at this point) as the proposed terminal modifications can be completed relatively quickly - anticipated at 6 to 8 months - and would therefore afford an airline sufficient terminal capacity until the new terminal/train station is completed in 2009. It has been a necessary step as we need to demonstrate to potential airlines that their services will be of the same standard as anywhere alse in their network - soemthing that would be difficult at present due to physical limitations in the current terminal."

All the above seems much as I have been suggesting in recent postings, although the phrase "no one specifically at this point" is rather worrying as one would have hoped that, by now, one or more potential airlines would be on the point of signing-up.

I very much doubt that Fordair are particularly content with the existing terminal but more likely have been assured that the extended and modernised terminal is only a few months away.

Comments anyone?