PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The TNT B737 EMA/Birmingham incident thread
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 07:57
rodthesod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oilhead
So this airline has zero tolerance for accidents. Don't we all? Doesnt mean they have to trash careers without investigations being completed.
Two points:
  1. A statement like 'this airline has zero tolerance for accidents' probably came from a 'bean-counter'. In a previous life I had an 'accident' with the same airline and it did not affect my status, salary or promotion. That was before it became a Belgian airline but I have no reason to believe anything has changed.
  2. Who said anything about 'trashing careers without investigation'? If you bother to read previous posts you will see that at least one source says 'They have not been sacked. Yet. And that is a fact.' Even if they have been 'sacked', I'm certain proper process would have been followed under European Company Law. A full Company investigation can take a matter of hours, not years like an AAIB report. If, FOR EXAMPLE, someone admitted that they had totally disregarded an SOP order NOT TO re-engage the A/P below a certain height AND totally disregarded an SOP TO go-around under certain circumstances, do you really expect that the company should keep them on full pay until such time that the AAIB come to the same inevitable conclusion?