PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS? REX OR AAL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 05:23
Deejay 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APACAU

I reckon that they should head back to the old domestic terminal where they can run their business as they want.

Even if the GA does move up there, Rex can still operate from their old side, GA from the QF side.
Why?
The majority of Rex pax are ADL bound ie very few are connecting to domestic or international. Even if they were a Toyota Coaster bus could run shuttle services as required ie tick the box on the web booking engine if transfer need.
Rex could have their own decent size lounge, and charge GA pax to use it they wanted.
Pax wouldn't have to walk as far, or certainly no further than current, the old walkways never received complaints, and if taxis were pre-booked as suggested in the article, the taxis would be waiting just like the old Emu days.

And if ALL pax on ALL aircraft will need to be screened, then the staffing cost can be split between all users of the airport.

Marauder

I don't recall seeing Chieftains being pushed into the circle by hand, most pilots I knew and saw pretty well got in the hole, even the Bandit guys!
Don't know about the C404's though.
Perhaps it was those inexperienced or infrequent visitors to ADL that had the problem.

Rock On!