PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile phone signal interference... all lies??
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 04:43
anartificialhorizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So 411A how do you explain the following.

Flying around in my 172 with my cell phone inadvertantly left switched on in my flight bag.

Everytime the phone searched for a network,changed networks,and actually rang it interfered with the VHF radios. If it can interfere between 118 MHz and 135 MHz I am sure it will do the same just below 118MHz on the ILS frequencies....? Who knows what the consequences are.........

Now back in the real world we all know that modern aircraft have suppressed wiring / systems etc but not ALL aircraft carrying pax / freight etc are modern......

As for the passenger disruption issue, dont even go there !!!

If the airlines are so keen to offer onboard cell phone usage why don't they convert a toilet or galley space into a small room ( as per Malaysian Airlines where I think it was a room with a fax etc installed ) to allow pax to make / recieve that oh so important call......

If the legal use of cell phones come in on aircraft I would be interested to see the statistics for the incidences of air rage......I know for one I will not be too happy being woken up in the middle of the night by someones irritating cell phone ring followed by the inevitable " I'm on the plane !"