PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 22:11
Laarbruch72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jopsy

And in my case the RAFP wrent very good at "making the camp a safer place" as they failed to prevent the incident and then arrived after two slightly sozzled SAC's and the medics had sorted it .. I mean how slow do you have to be to arrive after the Medics ?? .. if they went any slower they would be going backwards.

And in my case I felt (as did my boss) that the RAFP were "out to wreck my career" .. why else interview use aginst the rules and try to get us charged on the grounds of that. Maybe needed to boost the stats a bit I think.

Ta Ta.
Don't mind the humour one bit Jopsy. That's actually a fairly funny joke, keep them coming by all means.

What disturbs me is the incident you mention. Can you not be more specific about the said incident? If not then fair enough, but I can hardly reply to that with any credence can I?
Interview against the rules? Do you not know that you have rights? (And every copper has to show you a paper copy every time you are interviewed? It's the law. Ask next time you're in the clink, although you should have been informed of your rights anyway!)
And contary to belief, there are no such thing as stats. We don't get extra pay / promotion / up the pecking order etc from doing people for no good reason. There are stats yes. But only on crime figures on each station so we can best see how to target resources.
I was specifically talking about the dreaded (and much vaulted) radar gun. I was just trying to defend the poor young guys who, under Harrys' orders have to go out and cop all the **** for Harrys' own policies.

As I said guys. It's easy to blast the 18 year old LAC/A/Cpl for being a **** or whatever, but try asking Gp Capt Harry why he sends those same guys out. I somehow doubt that you would.

Mind how you go,

Laar.