PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 20:38
Jopsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why I personally do not like the RAFP !! ( even after 6 years a civvy)

At ISK many moons ago a colleague and myself were making our way back to the block after a few pints in the Naafi, the adjoining block were having a party and just as we passed said block we heard a bit of an increase in volume and went back to have a look. A female had jumped out of one of the upper block windows and was in obvious pain (the amount of alcohol she was obviously swimming in wasnt helping much) , the lads present were paraletic so I went for the Medics while my mate did what he could first aid wise. Called the Medics and they turned up and sorted out the casualty (one leg broken, one leg fractured), Scuffers turned up and chatted for a bit with the Medics and took our names as I had called the Ambulance.

Went back to the block and went to bed, called out two hours or so later and dragged down to the Cop Shop for an Interview. Turns out the girl was only 17 and her father was aircrew of the officer fraternity. The coppers were out for someone to blame. Now my mate and myself had had a few pints and were merry but still fairly compus mentus so we answered all their questions but were frequently told we knew more than we were letting on. Went to work the next day and informed the Boss what had happened, mid afternoon called down again and re- interviewed.

Two days later we were both told that we were to be charged with False Entry / Official document !!, why ??, because there were slight differences to our interviews !! My (Aircrew) boss went nuts and pointed out that was not surprising as we had been drinking the night of the incident we should not have been interviewed at that time..

Next thing we heard was that my boss had contacted the girls father, they both went down to the Police flight and asked why they were trying to get us charged when we were the ones that helped while the lad who had got her drunk just stood and watched. It was suggested that maybe they would be better off questioning the lads who supplied her the alcohol as that was an actual offence. I was told that the actual conversation was one way and frightening to behold by a GD who considered himself lucky to be present at the time.

Charges were dropped shortly after and myself and my oppo got a thank you from grateful father, a reassurance the witch hunt did not come from him and an overseas jolly the next time his crew went on det.

Top Bloke ..

The copper who went all out to get us done later served time for robbery in civvy street !!, (anyone at ISK in the late Eighties may remember him as he was a total throbber)

His Last name was the organ in your chest that beats ...