PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted
Thread: Stansted
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 19:28
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Swefly managed to regularly fill a B767 from Luton to Pakistan, sadly it routed via Sweden and ended up out of business, but there is a ready market north of the Thames that don't wish to fly from Heathrow.

A free coach service from Stansted to Luton by PIA would be just as useful judging my the population make up of the town.

Just another point, you me and every other UK taxpayer helped with the M11/A127 upgrades. This money could and should have been used to upgrade one of the busiest sections of motorway in Europe, that between the M25 up to Luton Jct 10 M1. Matters are being addressed now, 10 years too late. The upgrades to the road infrastructure were excessive in Essex, if you took travellers to and from Stansted off the M11, Buster could have a picnic in the outside lane. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the M1!

Thankfully the cosy arrangements of past between HM Govt and the BAA are now 'six foot under'! Now the BAA will be saddled with HUGE debt, I wonder who will purchase Stansted off the Spanish consortium to pay for runway 3 at Heathrow?