PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forum Spelling
Thread: Forum Spelling
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 17:52
Skeleton

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL Shouldi.... This is not aimed at your post but:

I rest my case... None of the free spell checkers can tell the difference, because they do not check grammar. A free grammar check wanted there changed to their, but that's because it was American. Try as I might I have to report that I could not find a checker that wanted they're used.

Mind you I did get a letter off the Council this morning that looks like a three year penned it, my English is not great, but even I spotted at least 10 errors. I did think about scanning it on here with names etc blacked out, but no doubt the lawyers would appear out of the woodwork and mention slander or defamation of character.

Anyway surely it's the content of the post that's important, and not whether its grammatically correct. Seems to be a new theme on here, pointing out people's poor grammar and spelling. Why? Its supposed to be a forum that allows, provided its posted within the forum guidelines, people to express views that may differ to others. This recent spate of you can't spell or your grammar is shocking smacks of small minded people who can not think of a more suitable reply. That's if they have bothered to think about the subject matter at all.

Oh and I did not bother spell checking this - more important things to do