PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile phone signal interference... all lies??
Old 1st Aug 2006, 17:49
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
folks look crazy talking to themselves on cells, I believe they should not be used, simply because of POSSIBLE RF interference. we don't know the frequencies emited by the huge variety, of phones and how they correalate with avionics/sytems freq's... due to anectdoatal reports I think they should be TURNED OFF...I trust when airline pilots say they've experienced RF interference. by the time we prove the point i think there'll be a smoking hole in the ground and people will say why did they allow cell phones aboard. Next time a pax just HAS to talk to his or her friend/ girlfriend/ boyfriend/mom aunt think of that baby in coach who can't uses a cell phone....ending up in that burning hole...I'm a pilot not an airline pilot... and I as a occasional pax I don't like it... playing statistics... that is, but i've learned although individuals are smart, people are stupid and selfish...keep the ing phone OFF plz