PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any advice would be great
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 17:13
Professor Plum

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
xxx5572,

Im a graduate of the BSc Aviation Management programme, so may be able to answer some of your questions.

If youre unsure which course to study (FdSc or BSC), you can always start on the Foundation degree and progress the the full BSc if you want to.

The foundation degree includes a work based learning element in the second year (third or fourth year if you study part time - not sure of precise timescale for part timers), which you should be able to do where you presently work.

As for employability, im working towards a job flying, so I cant answer that from your perspective.

Before I started this course, I had a bit of Ops experience which helped with the degree (there were some things I already knew etc). With your experience, I'm sure there would be parts of the degree that you'd find a little easier, which obviously helps (because you'd get a better classification!!)

As for the maths pack you're referring to, all students have to study the pre course material, but if I remember correctly, there are no assessed bit of work you have to do based on it. You are however, expected to know the stuff for when you start. It's not too difficult, and you probably know much of it anyway.

If you plan to take the pilot pathway, there is a maths and physics revision pack you have to complete and reach and acceptable score (cant remember what though).

EIRE-PLANER - Are you planning on studying the management or pilot pathway?

Any other questions, fire away.