PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS? REX OR AAL
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 11:57
Captahab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since when has it been the duty of an airline to wheel passengers to their transport, especially when the person is travelling with an able bodied partner.
I would think that this lady should thank REX for taking her to Adelaide in the first place if she was this ill. A job for the RFDS I think (or is there more to this than first appears).

AAL dont like being reminded that the SA taxpayers have contributed 10 million dollars to the new terminal and the SA pollies may have a say in how country passengers get treated (despite the best efforts of AAL to spoil every attempt).
Unfortunately for AAL they will have to endure the handling (or in their case - mishandling) of passengers at their retail commercial park (sorry...I mean Airport).

Passenger handling, car parking, taxi management, airline coordination and paying council rates are obviously not items that are covered in AAL executive groundschool in Manchester.

This is becoming the biggest disgrace in SA since the State Bank debacle.
Methinks the local pollies may have to get serious with these Westfield competitors, all they seem to be interested in is getting more retail stores built on the airport and any effort to provide passenger service is just an inconvenience.

Have a think about this... REX has never had a problem with passenger handling until AAL started to interfere, and why are the problems unique to Adelaide.

I think that REX may have a vested interest and a bit more experience in passenger handling than any of those delightful and very cooperative and professional personnel that AAL has obviously scoured the world to find.

Ahab

Last edited by Captahab; 1st Aug 2006 at 12:12.