PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2006, 10:32
Pazu888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by docash1983
Hi guys
I was wondering how CTC decide whether to bar people from re-applying? I understand that the tests are designed to identify the most likely individuals who will pass the training, but this is something that worries me greatly. I am finshing off my degree and then want to apply for the CTC scheme. However do any of you know how they work out whether you pass or fail? for example must you answer 40 out of 80 maths questions in say 5 mins etc etc. Any info would be much appreciated, and to all of you off to CTC for phases 2 and 3 i wish you all the very best of luck.
thanks
Ashley

I think this is roughly how it is done:

Maths Test - Basic pass mark, 15 questions in 15 minutes, you must score at least xx. I heard that the pass mark was 12 or over.

PILAPT - This is designed to test lots of different skills ie. motor/coordination, coping with multiple types of incoming information, concentration etc. Generally though it seems to be about improving as you go. You are given a score for most of the individual tests, and you get to try most (though not all) of them 3 times in a row, the idea being to adapt and improve. Like many people have said, there is not much you can do to "practice" for this.

Presumably for the PILAPT, the scores are fed directly into a computer system that analyses how you have done and genrates a pass/fail for each test, as they e-mail you with the result quite quickly (same day).

Hope that helps, good luck for when you apply