PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mobile phone signal interference... all lies??
Old 1st Aug 2006, 08:51
Journo123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mobile phone signal interference... all lies??

I read here some time ago, from a number of posters, that the concerns about mobile phones being used in-flight were all justified - and that they could interfere with flight controls. However, I was subsequently told, by the pilot on a private jet (737), that was rubbish and we were allowed to use our mobile phones until they cut out. He suggested the ban related merely to agreements between airlines and mobile operators/carriers and regulatory bodies and that safety was just the most compelling excuse.

Now airlines are planning to allow in-flight mobile phone use it seems to further contradict claims that mobiles can interfere with important flight controls.

What are the real issues around this? I'd be very interested to hear from pilots and understand what controls will be in place.

Also, isn't there a risk that antisocial mobile use is going to further raise the tensions on-board and increase risk of passengers disagreements?

Please post your replies or feel free to email [email protected].

Best regards and keep up the good work!