PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any advice would be great
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 23:28
xxx5572

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it seems as if your persausion payed off in the end. Seems as if i was the unlucky one!!
The degree at loughborough did look really good, when i was making the application there were no stats for the pass rate or anything so was a little cautious. However like I said previously I have found myself working in the airport gaining a great deal of hands on experience which i feel is much more valuable than the theory that may be taught as i am sure all of us know there are far too many variables in many situations we come across at the airport that the only way to overcome these problems but also to overcome them well is to have the know how, and this is when the experience really comes into play.
I would really only fully consider this degree if i knew for certain that all the money and effort (bearing in mind i am doing shifts therefore the studying will be slightly harder to fit in) would pay off well. then again i guess there is only one way to find out.

Some of you may be wondering why be so doubtful but i read an article in the times back in feb 2006...........and il quote you what it says:

Britain's biggest companies gave warning last night that, despite a record number of graduates entering the job market this year, many will lack the basic skills needed for employment.
Almost half of businesses said that they did not expect to recieve 'sufficient applications from graduates with the correct skills' Last year 598 positions were left unfilled as third of employers said that they could not find candidates of sufficient quality.

This may seem like nothing but I find myself stuck bang in the middle of the whole argument of Degree vs Work experience.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any high level managers out there reading this please feel free to give your opinion.

Sorry for long reply again but need all the help i can get.