PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 31st Jul 2006, 21:43
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Reading this thread just makes me thankful I don't have to fly in UK if you're all such a bunch of total killjoys who's only interest is other people's business. If people like RV98, ST and B73 are typical of the flying population then you definitely have the CAA you deserve.

Royston you're a cool dude. A man in the prime of life who just want to live his life, have a little harmless enjoyment in his later years and having had the good fortune to be able to do so. Good on yer

The difference between the UK attitude and that of the rest of the world is still well summed up by an old story of the deadbeat by the side of the road who ends up covered in dust when a big fancy Rolls Royce drives past him. If this happened in UK he'd think 'Rich bastard flashing his wealth in the face of the working classes - after the revolution you'll be here with me'. If it happened in USA he 'd think 'Lucky bastard having a great car like that - one day I'll be like you'.

FL, despite your kind visit, then bringing your wealth of legal experience to the thread, there are still many out there from Little Britain who know that you're wrong and they're right . I sometimes wonder why anybody bothers visiting Prune with all its anonymous, self-professed experts.