PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The scene is set - incl Low Flying rules and Is there a 'cultural divide'?
Old 31st Jul 2006, 20:15
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 466 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Gaseous
S
I agree totally about obtaining permission and it is good manners and good airmanship to do it, but we have established in this thread it is not a legal requirement so how can the CAA have a case if you dont? See FLs earlier post.
I suggest you ask the CAA for their official stance on this. I'm not arguing about it, other than to repeat that I don't personally take the risk. If someone wants to take the chance of a special invite to a court appearance, that's perfectly OK with me. Tudor Owen will no doubt be delighted to represent you in a professional capacity.

BTW, I did once receive a strongly worded warning letter from the CAA Head of Legalese, following a complaint from a member of the public about our helicopter taking off and landing at our normal helipad. At the time I was the chief pilot of a UK police air support unit and was exempt from Rule 5 in any case. If someone complains, you will probably be investigated. These days, I prefer to take my days off at home