PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Nobody Likes RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 19:15
Laarbruch72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Laarbruch - almost forgot you!

Be VERY, VERY careful here my friend. I'm quite surprised you were allowed to get away with that comment.

Try telling the guys currently on det in Kandahar or Basrah about the "no credible enemy air forces or ground threat operating in any current theatre". You are obviously WELL out of the loop on current ops. Best not to comment on things you know nothing about, old boy.

16B[/quote]

Thanks old boy, but I'm not commenting on things I know not of.... ( I wouldn't be so naive!) I've served in both places very recently. So NOT out of the loop I'm afraid. So which creditable air threat are we talking about? The Al Quaeda Air Force?
Granted, SMALL ground to air threat when on finals for said airfields. But that's what FP is for, and they all do a good job at it (The rocks at Basra, Belgian FP at Kabul, Spams at Kandahar).
Stop cacking it and moaning that you're the only ones facing a threat. Go and grab your gun and go and provide some top cover for a drive into Basra North, Kabul City or Kandahar, you might start to appreciate that it's not just the flying gods who earn their beer.

And by the way... I've had 3 pm's after the last posting ding dong that I had. They were all civilians (2 pilots one not) who couldn't believe the arrogance of some of the aircrew posters here, and were backing me up. So (certain) aircrew guys, (Always whingeing in wilts, wgnobrain dummy and the like), have a long look at yourselves and see the damage this thread is bringing you. But by all means carry on if need be, I always love to see an own goal!
Better still, have some professionalism and stop posting utter rubbish on this already tired and sad thread.

Mind how you go,

Laar.