PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick: Controllers' bomb flights unease
Old 31st Jul 2006, 17:20
rab-k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NeoDude
Its going to happen no matter what you do!
Originally Posted by ayrshireATCer
I don't feel I have any great importance to affect the outcome.
IMHO you guys are missing the point. Nobody is disputing the fact that your average humble ATCO is powerless to prevent/disrupt these flights even if they wished to do so. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

However, with that in mind, it does NOT prevent your average humble ATCO from taking the view that they do not feel comfortable controlling US arms supply flights making pit-stops at UK Civil/USAF/RAF aerodromes with weapons which the IDF have a nasty habit of dropping on unarmed civilians whilst supposedly attempting to take out the 'bad guys'.

I believe that was what we were discussing. Not whether I nor anyone else in our business can do anything about it in the context of our occupation.

If the IDF want to use a kind of 'scorched-earth' policy to create a 'buffer zone', cleansed of its resident civilian population amongst which Hezbo' guerrillas could operate, then there ain't a great deal I can do about it. But it doesn't mean that I enjoy, in my own insignificant and indirect way, feeling a part of that process.

Finally, in returning to the main focus of this thread, could I therefore declare my "uneasiness" duly declared!