PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Westjet have a pension plan?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 16:08
Slapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2FarNorth
"I can also tell you the pay of WJ's AME's is about 10% - 20% below industry standard for an M2 AME. This is why I made the jab about 20% of bugger all."
That would also be news to my AME friends that are quite happy with their compensation and tell me that they do better than "Industry Standard"...

"This paragraph could be construed as stating WJ's pilots are, compared to AC's on similar sized machines, less experienced than AC's."
While you could construe it that way, it does a major dis-service to our very talented pool of pilots that come from all walks of life and have experience flying all types of aircraft. They bring a great deal of knowledge, skill and experience to our operation. Skills they've brought from many parts of the world flying for many of the respected Airlines of the World... Skills they've demonstrated to our training dept. and to Transport Canada in the granting of their type rating's...

I think Air Canada tried that in an Ad campaign 4 - 5 years ago - "It's about Experience"...