PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Nigerian airlines to operate U.S. route
Old 31st Jul 2006, 14:33
flying 1der

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way, ADC seems to be making a silent re entry into the aviation market. I hear they will soon be going to the market to raise 2.5b naira!
And they have been most consistent in running adverts in recent times.
One other thing is that they seem to be exploiting the sokoto and yola routes very much.Most times, i hear ADCO on the radio reporting a minimum of 70-80souls. Any comments?[/quote]

As a shareholder in ADC, i was very curious to see what they were up to. Like you mentioned lots of ads etc, I read in the papers that they were trying to raise the N2.5bn, but what i wondered was how they planned to do it? the market isn't very receptive to airlines, especially when issurance companies are having a hard time raising N2bn. So what ADC doing different? they haven't paid dividends in 4 years and the stock hasn't moved in the same time. Do you really think that investors will back the same management team? Would be curious to know how they plan to do it. I looked at their numbers and tried to back into them and frankly it didn't make sense, they are all over the place. If the average Nigerian investors pays close attention then it might be hard for them to raise N500m let alone N2.5bn, but I wish them the best, and hope they can make a real go for it!