PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 13:07
Fatjoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see this thread come back to life. Highly entertaining.

During the mid eighties when I was young free and single, I happened to get off with a young lass who turned out to be a LAC(W) from Brampton. It was very much frowned on for a young officer to do that sort of thing in those days, but amazing how common it was, but since I was up at Wittering, who would find out.

One Saturday night I suggested we have a night out in Stamford, obviously with naughtier thoughts in mind back in my room in the mess. But I briefed her thoroughly. If we meet anyone, I said, you're a typist from Leicester. No problem.

Evening went smoothly. Met a few people in town - no-one suspected. Driving back down the A1 at the end of the evening, I overtook my DSATCO, Rog (who lived in the room opposite me), who clocks me with passenger and chivalrously eases off the gas to allow me to get back to my room before him to avoid embarrassing moments.

However, on exiting the car outside the mess, young lady slams the door on her hand. Why would anyone want to do that? What followed was a few minutes of her dancing about howling in pain with me trying to soothe her with more than half a thought on trying to get up to my room without anyone seeing us. Anyway, she delayed us enough; Rog parked up and as we turned to go up the stairs, Rog was coming along the upper corridor. Evening, he said.

So I did the honourable thing and introduced my young lady.

Evening Rog. Er, Rog meet Caroline, Caroline meet Rog.

Evening Caroline.

Evening sir!!!!!!!!

And do you know, Rog never said a word about it. Not, that is until his dining-out some 18 months later!

Last edited by Fatjoff; 31st Jul 2006 at 20:22.