PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATLAS HIRING
Thread: ATLAS HIRING
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2001, 08:51
palerider

Looks like Mr. Porter is probably only adding his name and skill as equity (no money). Sounds just like the Fedex Feeder Group airlines vs the Mainline Fedex airline. I think we really know Atlas will be providing all the money and assets. This is legal in the states, but is it legal in the UK, especially when you add in the fact of operational control by a 51% EU owner. Side note: Does anyone know if John Porter has been envolved with a James Martin of the Telos Group????

I imagine that when Atlas says jump, John Porter will already be up there ten feet high. Does the UK CAA endorse the hands off approach to operational control? To add to this I have seen an Atlas publication saying that it will provide scheduling, dispatch, and maintenance coordination for hire to GSS(like Porter will say no). Does not sound any different than Atlas Air Crew Services except the crews can say that they are not set up as union busters of the Atlas Mainline pilots since they will be operating with a UK AOC.