PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trip Lengths
Thread: Trip Lengths
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 12:08
flying-again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just personal opinion right up until my last day I did not enjoy working for them as I said this obviously differs from person to person, I joined on World wide fleet LGW and then transfered to Eurofleet LHR, at first I enjoyed the destinations and most of the time the crew were a laugh but abit dull sometimes which I am sure is the same anywhere, when I transferred to LHR I found it very hard to adjust I dont think I ever saw most people that I few with ever again let alone worked with them again, when walking into briefings allot of the time I found the crew could not be bothered to even remember your name or try to bond as you probably hardly ever see that person after that day or trip. I found it the most isolating airline that I have ever worked for (3rd one) loved both previous airlines as the bases were smaller, probably about 700 crew at LHR which was nice as you got to know people but did not always fly with same people - just gave you a chance to build rapports with your collegues and know what there personalitys and sense of humour was like.

Even when I handed my notice in you had to hand your manuals into Answers and get that signed then your pass over the other side of the airport and your bar key somewhere else then uniform over the other side your diners card somewhere else, the list went on you need to take a day off work just to escape from that airline and if everything is not signed off by the authorised signatory then they hold your pay back, I can understand that everything needs to go back but they really make it hard right until the end.

The only thing that I am glad about with regards to BA is that I now have them on my CV which looks good but that is it, no descent memories and smile when I see some moody unhappy looking crew member on the bus and just think aggghhh bless I know what you are going through