PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 10:51
EUAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No deedave, EUjet figures were still better than what was predicted, Management in planestation/ Wiggins for years lied and cheated their shareholders, MSE and EUjet had the potential to work, again even has a shareholder you didn't have access to all figures!- it was a problem that costs weren't properly measured before the airline set itself targets!
I have no idea on the current situation in Globespan- but I imagine no as they have more or less put everything into STN now (thgis would have included the Canadian flights also)! Malaga was good, and so was Murcia- however they are very expensive to fly to and from, and are winners during the summer and holiday periods, but are unsustainable, from MSE, without the backing of tour operators during the rest of the year!
Esperia are also in talks with another airport about a different base!! Thats all I can say before people ask!! The one thing that the MD83 has going for it that the Fokker didn't, as they both have low leasing costs, is the 2nd set of steps at the back- real LCC- 'as the last passenger steps off from their flight, the first passenger should be going up the other steps ready for their flight'- no hanging around!!