PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAP 694
Thread: CAP 694
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2006, 10:47
rustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bose-x
Reading did raise a question for me. When filling in the nav com section I usually put SG/S in.

I have on board:

GNS430 - With BRNAV/PRNAV
GTX - Mode S Transponder
DME/ADF/ILS/8.33khz

Am I using the correct entry?
With that kit you could use SDGRY/S.

Preceding the oblique stroke insert one or more of the following letters as appropriate:
N if no COM/NAV/Approach aid equipment for the route to be flown is carried, or if the equipment is unserviceable;
OR
S if the prescribed COM/NAV/Approach aid equipment for the route to be flown is carried and is serviceable;
AND/OR
D DME;
F ADF;
G GNSS;
H HF RTF;
I Inertial Navigation;
J Data Link;
K MLS;
L ILS;
O VOR;
R RNP type certification;
T TACAN;
U UHF RTF;
V VHF RTF;
W RVSM certified;
X MNPS certified;
Y Radio with 8.33 kHz spacing;
Z Other equipment carried.

Notes:
The definition of “prescribed equipment” allowing the use of the letter “S” (“standard”) is the carriage of the equipment represented by the letters “V”, “F”, “O” and “L”.

SSR Equipment

Following the oblique stroke insert one of the following letters to describe the serviceable SSR equipment carried:
N Nil;
A Transponder – Mode A – 4096 Codes;
C Transponder – Mode A – 4096 Codes and Mode C;
I Transponder – Mode S with aircraft identification transmission but without pressure altitude transmission;
P Transponder – Mode S with pressure altitude transmission but without aircraft identification transmission;
S Transponder – Mode S with both aircraft identification and pressure altitude transmission;
X Transponder – Mode S without pressure altitude transmission and without aircraft identification transmission.